[3dem] Fibers segmentation

rigort at biochem.mpg.de rigort at biochem.mpg.de
Tue Jul 16 12:53:46 PDT 2013

Hello Karthik,

In addition to Willy recommendation you might also try our actin
segmentation software for this. The cylindrical template can be
adjusted to match different filament diameters and the tracing
algorithm can trace curved filaments by influencing the parameter
'cocircularity'...

Have a look at the tutorial pdf on the software webpage:

==> http://www.zib.de/en/visual/software/cryoem.html

A good resource and overview on what's available in the community in
terms of visualization packages etc. is found here:

==> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Software_Tools_For_Molecular_Microscopy

best regards,

Alex