[3dem] Re: 3dem Digest, Vol 71, Issue 10

michael michael at ImageScience.de
Mon Jul 15 07:05:33 PDT 2013

Roberto Marabini wrote:
> ...  Starting in version 3.1  we use the following convention:  For 3D
> maps of single particles ISPG=1 and NSYMBT=0. For 2D image/stack
> ISPG=0 and NSYMBT=0. . In case ISPG=401 the data is read as a stack of
> volumes, being the mz field in header the number of volumes in the
> stack. Finally, MZ=1 for 2D stacks and MZ=NZ for single volumes.

We also tried to implement these header values in IMAGIC and em2em. But
a problem is that most of the MRC and other 3DEM programs do NOT use the
"Dr Herderson recommendation" and may crash because of these settings.
Especially most of the programs simply set (or expect) ISPG=0.

Regards
Michael

--

======================