[3dem] Cracked Vitrobot container

Richard Collins r.collins at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 08:33:15 PDT 2013

Hi Terje,

we had a similar problem approximately 18 months ago and tried to fix it with gaffer tape and then a resin from our internal workshop. It didn't work and we were forced to buy a new polystyrene mould from FEI. It works great, but is made from the same stuff as my bicycle helmet but cost near enough 1K. Ouch!

Rich

Dr Richard Collins
Senior Experimental Officer – Single Particle EM
University of Manchester,
Faculty of Life Sciences,
Michael Smith Building D1527,
Oxford Road,