[3dem] PostDoctoral and/or PhD position in software development for electron microscopy at the University of Basel, Switzerland

Henning Stahlberg henning.stahlberg at unibas.ch
Tue Aug 6 09:21:47 PDT 2013

PostDoctoral and/or PhD position in software development for electron microscopy at the University of Basel, Switzerland

A postdoctoral and/or PhD position is available at the Center for Cellular Imaging and NanoAnalytics (C-CINA) of the Biozentrum of the University of Basel, Switzerland. Our group is developing the 2dx software package for user-friendly image processing of 2D crystal images. We have recently extended 2dx by a single particle module that treats 2D crystal images as assemblies of correlated individual particles to refine the 3D reconstruction. The goal of this postdoctoral position is to advance these methods for processing of movie-mode recorded cryo-EM image series of semi-2D crystalline and vesicular membrane protein samples, using Bayesian methods, and to interface this package with movie-mode data recording on the Titan Krios / K2 Summit.

The 2dx software package is available at http://2dx.org, and our lab is described at http://c-cina.org. We are fortunate to operate outstanding equipment and our lab studies several highly ordered 2D crystals of membrane protein systems.
The position is funded for several years, and is available immediately. The town of Basel at the Swiss border towards Germany and France enjoys a rich cultural and international atmosphere and beautiful surrounding nature.  We are equal opportunity employers. The lab language is English.
For further information, please contact Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch.

Henning Stahlberg, PhD
Prof. for Structural Biology, C-CINA, Biozentrum, University Basel
Mattenstrasse 26 | D-BSSE | WRO-1058 | CH-4058 Basel | Switzerland
http://c-cina.org | Tel. +41-61-387 32 62 | mailto:Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch