[3dem] Possible Image Reconstruction/analyst post-doc in Ghent Belgium

Chris Guerin Chris.Guerin at dmbr.vib-UGent.be
Thu Aug 1 06:50:31 PDT 2013

Hello everyone:

	A potential post-doctoral post is available in the Ghent Bio Imaging Core of the VIB (Flanders Institute of Biotechnology). We are seeking someone with significant experience in computing/mathematics and a knowledge of biological cell structure to join out team and develop methods for reconstructing and segmenting large data sets from 3D scanning electron microscopy.

	The VIB is a non-profit research institute partially funded by the government of Flanders. We have over 1200 scientists and are ranked among the top research institutes in Europe. We are a highly international institute with over 60 countries represented among our colleagues. Ghent Belgium is a lively and historic city with a large University to which the VIB is affiliated. Post-doc salaries in Belgium are some of the highest in Europe and the quality of life is outstanding.

	The post is available through the OMICS at VIB international postdoc program initiative and is a competitive process; see http://www.vib.be/en/training/postdoc-program/Pages/default.aspx for more details. The deadline for applications is September 15th 2013 and applicants must have the support of the group leader in developing their competitive proposal. Interested candidates should contact me directly to discuss the application process.

Christopher Guérin, Ph.D.
Senior Expert Scientist
Group leader, VIB Bio-imaging Core, Gent
V.I.B., D.M.B.R., Univ. Gent
Fiers-Schell-Van Montagu' building
Technologiepark 927, B-9052 Ghent (Zwijnaarde) - Belgium
chris.guerin at dmbr.vib-UGent.be
web: www.bioimagingcore.be
http://www.vib.be/en/research/scientists/Pages/Chris-Guerin-Lab.aspx