[3dem] RE: Remove negative density from a map

martyn.winn at stfc.ac.uk martyn.winn at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 02:47:02 PDT 2013

If it is a standard mrc map, then CCP4 has a number of map utilities that may be useful. I think this does what you want (?):

# Copy map and trim to single unit cell
mapmask mapin emd_5009_orig.map mapout emd_5009.map << eof
MODE mapin mapout
XYZLIM -47   47  -47   47  -47   47
eof

# Create a dummy mask
mapmask mapin emd_5009.map mskout emd_5009.msk << eof
MODE mapin mskout
MASK CUT -100.0
eof

# Reset negative values
mapmask mapin emd_5009.map mskin2 emd_5009.msk mapout emd_5009_out.map << eof
MODE mapin mskin2
SOLV ATTN 0.0
eof

It is a bit fiddly because it expects a mask covering a single unit cell, but it works for me on one example at least. Of course, I am sure there are other ways.

HTH
Martyn

*
*   Dr. Martyn Winn
*   STFC Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, U.K.
*   Tel: +44 1925 603455 (DL)   or   +44 1235 567865 (RcaH)
*   E-mail: martyn.winn at stfc.ac.uk       Skype: martyn.winn
*