[3dem] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Electron Cryo-tomography (ref: 103020)

Juha Huiskonen juha at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 21 07:16:39 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Applications are invited for a three-year Postdoctoral Research Associate in electron cryotomography to join my research group at the Oxford Particle Imaging Centre (OPIC), located at the Division of Structural Biology, University of Oxford.

The major goal of the group is to elucidate structures and host cell interactions of hemorrhagic fever causing zoonotic viruses, using structural biology, molecular biology, and biophysical methods.

OPIC offers an FEI F30 ‘Polara’ electron microscope in a biosafety laboratory.  The microscope is equipped with a GIF Quantum post-column energy filter making it ideal for electron cryotomography.  We also benefit from the wide structural biology community in the Division and have close links to the Oxford Protein Production Facility UK and Diamond Light Source synchrotron.

The position is funded by the Medical Research Council and is fixed term until 30 June 2015 in the first instance.

Only applications received before 12:00 midday on Thursday 14 June 2012 can be considered.

Please see https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=103020 for the full job description.

Please address all informal inquiries directly to me and quote reference 103020 in all correspondence.

Best wishes,
Juha

--
Dr. Juha T. Huiskonen
Group leader, Academy of Finland Research Fellow
Oxford Particle Imaging Centre
Division of Structural Biology
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
University of Oxford
Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN

http://www.strubi.ox.ac.uk/strubi/research/huiskonen/
Email: juha at strubi.ox.ac.uk