[3dem] Postdoctoral position: Resolving the mechanisms of viral entry and fusion

Wright, Elizabeth R. erwrigh at emory.edu
Thu Mar 29 09:38:50 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a post-doctoral position available at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Sincerely,

Liz

Posting:
A post-doctoral position is available at Emory University in the laboratory studying the mechanisms of viral entry and fusion. We employ time-resolved single virus imaging to delineate the mechanisms of virus entry. Our current focus is on identification of endocytic pathways and co-factors involved in virus entry. The laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art imaging equipment, including a wide-field deconvolution microscope, a three-color TIRF microscopy system and the Zeiss LSM 780 confocal microscope with FLIM and FCS capabilities. The Emory University provides an excellent collaborative environment and research support through core facilities and common equipment. Highly motivated individuals seeking to develop and apply novel biophysical methodologies to study virus entry in cell and in model systems are encouraged to apply. Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in biophysics, physics, biochemistry or cell biology. For more information, please visit our website:http://www.pediatrics.emory.edu/divisions/infectious/lab_melikian/index.html. Applicants are encouraged to contact Gregory Melikian at gmelikian at emory.edu<mailto:gmelikian at emory.edu>.

Gregory Melikian, Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases
Emory University
2015 Uppergate Dr., Rm. 546
Atlanta, GA 30322
Tel:  404-727-4652