[3dem] Post-doctoral position

Francisco J. Asturias asturias at scripps.edu
Thu Mar 22 11:37:22 PDT 2012

An NIH-funded post-doctoral position is available in our group at The
Scripps Research Institute, to work on molecular microscopy studies of
transcription, ribonucleotide reductases, and chromatin remodeling. The
general goal of our group is to combine information about structure,
conformational dynamics, and function to arrive at a molecular
understanding of basic cellular processes. Working with us would provide
state-of-the-art training in macromolecular EM and an opportunity for
in-depth examination of the molecular mechanisms responsible for the
regulation of gene expression. Candidates interested in our research and
with previous experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or
structural biology are encouraged to apply.

The Scripps Research Institute, located in La Jolla, CA, offers a
vibrant, highly interactive research environment. Our building is home
to the National Resource for Automated Molecular Microscopy (NRAMM), a
leading center for development of automated EM data collection and
processing.

Applications including a CV and statement of interest should be sent to
Francisco Asturias (asturias at scripps.edu).

--
Francisco J. Asturias, PhD
Associate Professor