[3dem] CCD retracted when emptying buffer tank

Andreas Korinek korinek at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jun 14 10:08:40 PDT 2012

Hi Jian,

I've observed that the CCD camera gets retracted when the column valves are closed and then reopened, but only when the camera is not aquiring. I haven't seen this when the buffer cycle is running.
As a workaround I send the "insert" command to the camera before every image acquisition, the command doesn't block, so the speed will not be decreased and in the case of a retracted camera you will force an insert.

Best regards,

Andreas