[3dem] Vibration issues

Alok Mitra a.mitra at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 5 17:12:50 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues:

 At the proposed installation site for our TF20 (with GIF and STEM functionality)  there is what appears to be unacceptable level of vibrations in the 2-4Hz range. We can not pinpoint the source, based on measurements at various times of day (including weekends and at night) it appears to be endemic, irrespective of the volume of traffic on the street in the vicinity of the location.
I would be very thankful to get feedbacks from those who have experienced such pre installation issues and have undertaken remedial measure as to what that was.

Thanks in anticipation

Alok K. Mitra
School of Biological Sciences
University of Auckland