[3dem] EBI and PDBe services temporarily unavailable

Gerard DVD Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Jan 6 06:59:33 PST 2012

Due to an as yet unspecified "explosion in a network duct in London", the EBI
in Hinxton (where all PDBe services, including deposition, are hosted) is
currently cut-off from its London data centres (through which all EBI web and
ftp traffic is routed). At present, it looks like normal PDBe service will not
be resumed for at least 12 hours. We apologise for the inconvenience.

NOTES FOR DEPOSITORS:

If you were in the middle of a deposition with AutoDep or EmDep, all data you
entered and uploaded up until the last time you pressed "Save" (and the page
was refreshed in your browser) will have been saved on our disks. So there is
no need to panic - simply continue the deposition session once we are back
on-line.

If you have any concerns or questions, please contact our help desk and we will
try and help you as best we can:

For questions about PDB structure deposition, processing, and updates, please
contact pdbdep at ebi.ac.uk or call +44 (0)1223 494 550.

For questions about EMDB map deposition, processing, and updates, please
contact emdep at ebi.ac.uk or call +44 (0)1223 494 550.

(Note: phone number only until 5 pm GMT today, Friday.)

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
gerard at ebi.ac.uk ..................... pdbe.org
Secretary: Pauline Haslam  pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk