[3dem] Virus particles excluded from CryoEM holey grids holes

Natesh Ramanathan natesh at iisertvm.ac.in
Mon Aug 20 07:27:50 PDT 2012

Hi Daniel,
         You can try a thin layer of Carbon coating on the C-flat holey
carbon grids.  Typically you can use 1/10th the virion concentration on
this carbon-coated holey grids (CCHG) compared to the concentration that
you would be using for  c-flat holey grids alone.

         However I donot have any suggestion for your question "how to
remove the aggregates (uncharacterized structures) without altering virus
particles".

 Hope that helps.
warm regards
natesh.

--
*Dr. Ramanathan Natesh*
Ramalingaswami Fellow-DBT, Assistant Professor

natesh at iisertvm.ac.in
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-4488-2008
http://iisertvm.ac.in/~natesh
*Ph. 0091- 471-2599403