[3dem] postdoc & permanent programmer positions at MRC-LMB

Sjors Scheres scheres at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 12:37:57 PDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

At the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, we are looking to fill the
following positions:

1. A post-doctoral scientist to join the group of Sjors Scheres. Our
research focuses on the development of new approaches for reliable
structure determination of relatively small (~100-400 kDa) biological
macromolecules by cryo-electron microscopy. In this context we are
looking for someone with a background in experimental electron
microscopy to investigate the use of DNA-origami tools to obtain
experimental information about orientations of protein complexes in ice.
(Closing date: 24 October, 2011)

2. A permanent programmer to be responsible for the development and
maintenance of the 3D-EM image processing software within the LMB.
Primary responsibilities will include overseeing the installation and
updating of the various software packages; teaching and advising
post-docs and students on image processing problems; and providing
significant input in collaborations with experimental groups on joint
research projects. The successful applicant must also be capable of
independent research, e.g. software development of image processing
tools. (Closing date: 28 October, 2011)

Please see the following adverts in Nature for more information and
instructions on how to apply:
post-doc: http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/223429
programmer: http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/223812-Programmer

Best wishes,
Sjors

PS: Soon we will also be looking for a post-doctoral scientist with a
computational background to work on algorithm development in my group.
Interested candidates are welcome to contact me directly for informal
enquiries. Please keep on eye on the website below for updated information.

--
Sjors Scheres
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology