[3dem] post-doc position in Rennes, FRANCE

Gillet Reynald reynald.gillet at univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Oct 7 00:43:00 PDT 2011

Dear 3DEM list members,

Please find enclosed a post-doc position announcement to work on single
particle cryo-electron microscopy and 3-D reconstructions.

I would greatly appreciate if you could distribute to interested
potential applicants.

Best Regards

Reynald Gillet

*Postdoc position in cryo-electron microscopy available at University of
Rennes 1, France*

  October 5, 2011

  “Structure and Dynamics of Macromolecules” at the University of Rennes
  1, France. Our research focuses on structural biology of large
  macromolecular complexes using single particle cryo-electron
  microscopy and 3-D reconstruction. Our laboratory is part of the Dept
  of the Microscopy Rennes Imaging Centre (MRic)
  (http://microscopie.univ-rennes1.fr/) equipped with a Tecnai G2 Sphera
  200kV FEI, with high-resolution 4kx4k slow scan CCD camera and a FEI
  vitrobot for cryoEM specimen preparation. We have also access to a
  Federative 200kV FEG Cryo-EM located at the Institut Pasteur in Paris.

The research project focuses on the structural characterization of
ribosome assembly in E. coli and the funding is provided by the “Région
Bretagne” for a period of 18 months. The applicant must have stayed out
of France for at least 6 months during the past year. Experience in low
dose cryo-EM imaging of biological samples and image processing will be
highly appreciated.

To apply, please send a CV including publications, a covering letter,
and contact information for 3 references to Pr. Reynald Gillet
(reynald.gillet at univ-rennes1.fr).

Rennes, capital of Britanny, is an excellent working and living
environment for individuals or families
(http://www.tourisme-rennes.com/en/home.aspx)

Homepage:
http://www.umr6026.univ-rennes1.fr/themes/equipes_de_recherche/sdm/

Contact address: reynald.gillet at univ-rennes1.fr

Recent references:

tmRNA-SmpB: a journey to the centre of the bacterial ribosome.Weis F,
Bron P, Giudice E, Rolland JP, Thomas D, Felden B, Gillet R. EMBO J.
2010 Nov 17;29(22):3810-8.

Accommodation of tmRNA-SmpB into stalled ribosomes: a cryo-EM study.
Weis F, Bron P, Rolland JP, Thomas D, Felden B, Gillet R. RNA. 2010
Feb;16(2):299-306.

--
Prof. Reynald GILLET
UNIVERSITE DE RENNES 1