[3dem] FEI - Applications Engineer Position - Life Science -
Leigh.Estrada at fei.com
Wed Jun 8 11:09:58 PDT 2011
FEI is searching for an Applications Engineer to join our Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) applications team. This person is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of FEI's North American sales efforts at specific customer sites. There will be 50-60% travel required for this role. This customer focused position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
* Perform high quality TEM product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for FEI partners and customers.
* Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
* Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
* Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
* Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
* Requires an advanced degree (PhD preferred) in Life Sciences with experience in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics with strong post academic background demonstrating expertise in critical microscopy application areas
* Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with TEM is required, with Cryo TEM and sample preparation preferred. Knowledge of correctors and advanced analytical techniques desirable.
* 3 or more years experience in a relevant commercial/research establishment with recent experience utilizing TEM technology in sample characterization.
* Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as fault finding techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes.
Please apply online using this link, http://careers.fei.com/applyFEI2.asp?fei?fei3066?lestrada?41
Talent Acquisition Manager
leigh.estrada at fei.com<mailto:leigh.estrada at fei.com>
503-726-7574 - direct
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem