[3dem] RCT Reconstruction using EMAN2 and XMIPP

Kushal Sejwal kushal.sejwal at virchow.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Jul 20 04:08:44 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I want to perform RCT reconstruction on my tilt pair data using both EMAN2
and XMIPP. I am using e2RCTboxer to write .box files, which can easily be
converted into XMIPP's .pos file. But XMIPP saves the information about the
transformation matrix in the .ang (angle) files. I am unable to find a
solution to export/create these .ang files directly from e2RCTboxer. Where
is this information saved in EMAN2? How are the angles computed by
e2RCTboxer [Computed tilt angle, Computed tilt axis(Y), Gamma angle]
correlate with that of XMIPP generated .ang file angles [alpha_u(angle
between tilt axis and y-axis of untilted image), alpha_t(angle between tilt
axis and y-axis of tilted image), gamma(tilt angle)] ?

Thanks in anticipation!

Regards,

Kushal

Kushal Sejwal
PhD Student, Bhushan Cryo Electron Microscopy Lab

Rudolf Virchow Center, DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine
University of Würzburg, Germany

Phone: +49 931 31 83508
E-mail: kushal.sejwal at virchow.uni-wuerzburg.de
Web: http://virchow.uni-wuerzburg.de/lab_pages/bhushan/