[3dem] postdoctoral position available

T.M.T. Schmeing tmts2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 09:03:33 PST 2011

A postdoctoral position is available in the Schmeing Lab, McGill
University, Montreal. Our lab uses cryo-electron microscopy in combination
with X-ray crystallography, biochemistry and biophysical techniques to
study the structure and mechanisms of large, interesting enzyme complexes.
Experience in single particle EM is required for this position. Those
interested should send an email to martin.schmeing at mcgill.ca.

About us:

http://www.med.mcgill.ca/biochem/schmeinglab

The Schmeing Lab is a new research group in the Department of Biochemistry
of McGill University in Montreal, Canada. We are users of the Facility for
Electron Microscopy Research (FEMR) at McGill, which features FEI T12, F20,
and Titan Krios microscopes, as well as all required EM preparatory
equipment. Our lab is located in the newly built Bellini Life Sciences
Building, which has excellent core facilities and modern biophysical
equipment for X-ray diffraction, SAXS, NMR, mass spec, CD, ITC, surface
plasmon resonance, dynamic light scattering and more.

McGill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGill_University,
http://www.mcgill.ca) is a highly rated university with a large, productive
and international research community, located in Montreal's
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal) vibrant city center.