[3dem] job offers

Roberto Marabini roberto at cnb.csic.es
Tue Nov 30 00:37:56 PST 2010

Find enclosed an announcement of several positions at the Image
Processing Center (Madrid-Spain)

best wishes

             Roberto Marabini

==================

POSITIONS AVAILABLE at the
INSTRUCT Associated Center for Image Processing in Microscopy, CNB-CSIC, Madrid

Background: INSTRUCT is the European Strategic Initiative in the area
of Structural Biology (www.instruct-fp7.eu). It is organized around 5
Core Centers and a similar number of Associated Centers. During 2009
the Biocomputing Unit (BCU) of the CNB-CSIC won the international
competition to become the "INSTRUCT Associated Center for Image
Processing in Biology", starting its operation during 2010 and
providing the context for this opening of positions.  The BCU is well
known in the area of three-dimensional electron microscopy, with over
150 publications in the area, including public domains suites of
programs and very popular image processing methods. For further
information go to
(http://biocomp.cnb.csic.es/cgi-bin/render.py?template=cluster_members.html
and http://xmipp.cnb.csic.es/)

Profiles needed: We are looking for at least two technically oriented
candidates (engineers, physicists, mathematicians, computer
scientists….) to work in the area of development of a java-based
platform for image processing in microscopy. Additionally, we are
looking for at least one more candidate oriented to research, to work
in the development of new image processing methods in electron and
soft X-rays microscopy. For the latter ones we are specially calling
young scientist interested in enrolling in our PhD program, while for
the former ones some previous technical experience would be a plus.

Interested candidates send CV and letter of interest to
ipc at cnb.csic.es  before 31st January 2011