[3dem] Research Scientist Position in MT - TEM Life Science

Estrada, Leigh Leigh.Estrada at fei.com
Sat Nov 6 17:09:36 PDT 2010

FEI is looking for a Research Scientist to join our team in Montana.  A summary of duties and requirements are listed below.

Primary responsibilities:
-Become a Titan expert and transition that expertise to our customers. Develop new techniques and applications for FEI partners and customers. Function as a technical product expert.
-Co-design of new applications with the customer and with key technologists within FEI
-Deliver content for application notes and achieve published scientific results within 6 months after installation
-Execution of demonstrations and sample analysis at customer locations
-Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
-Deliver scientific and other publications (papers, conference)
-Provide R&D and product teams with application information and customer feedback, contributing to next generation features and functionality
-Maintain and nurture solution expertise (technology, methodology) for all markets
-Act as Equipment Owner while on assignment at customer location
-Typically requires an advanced degree (PhD) in Material Science, Chemistry, or Biology with strong post academic background demonstrating expertise in critical microscopy application areas.
-Typically requires approximately 5-10 years experience in a relevant commercial/research/production establishment with recent experience utilizing Microscopy technology in biological sample characterization.
-Experience with biological sample preparation techniques for cryo temperature electron microscopy (I.E. protein complexes, viruses, cellular biology, etc) is required.
-Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational optimization experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes and various energy dispersive spectrometers nor other analytical techniques required.

Please apply online using the following link:
http://careers.fei.com/applyFEI2.asp?fei?fei2489?lestrada?9

Leigh Estrada
Talent Acquisition
FEI Company