[3dem] RE: Radius of Gyration from a single particle 3-D model

Penczek, Pawel A Pawel.A.Penczek at uth.tmc.edu
Tue May 4 19:26:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

indeed, I wrote CG 3 while back.  However, strictly speaking neither radius of gyration
nor center of gravity can be computed for EM reconstructed molecules as proper
normalization of densities is not known.  So, it is easy to check that results are arbitrary and
can be modified significantly by renormalization of the structure.

Regards,
Pawel A. Penczek, Ph.D.
Professor
The University of Texas - Houston Medical School
MSB 6.220
6431 Fannin
Houston, TX 77030
USA