[3dem] questions peptides-Gold Nanoparticle Conjugates protocols

Chaix, Denis denis.chaix at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Jul 19 08:58:00 PDT 2010

Dear All member of this useful mailing list, It's me again
I want to conjugate peptide (17 kDa) on 5 nm gold beads I have found a protocol "Assembly and Characterization of Biomolecule-Gold Nanoparticle Conjugates
and their Use in Intracellular Imaging" You can find this protocol on this website
http://www.springerprotocols.com/Full/doi/10.1385/1-59259-901-X:085?encCode=VElCOjU4MDpYLTEwOS05NTI5NS0x&tokenString=qn29VLioHz3jRJ+A5557pg==
 but I have several questions about this protocol
The interesting part of this protocol is "Attachment of Peptides Directly to Gold Nanoparticles

Now my problem with this protocol
1- It's a protocol for 20 nm diameter beads, i plan to solve this problem to decrease by four the ratio bead peptides (2500:1 to 625:1)
2- In my lab I have access to 5 nm gold beads but i don't know the cocnentration and in this protocol they advice to use 1 mL of 20-nm-diameter citrate-capped gold
nanoparticles (1.16 nM) to produce a molar ratio of thiol to gold of 2500:1.
How can I measure the concentration of my gold beads stock solution (maybe by absorbance?)
3 At the end do you konow an easy method to storage ( store at 4c or freezing) and characterisation (quantity of peptide conjugates on the beads etc......) this kind of peptide-gold beads conjugates?
Have you an idiea about this protocol
Do you know an other protocol

thank you