[3dem] Coolant Container of FEI Vitrobot (Tillmann Pape)

Goldie Ken k.goldie at unibas.ch
Thu Feb 25 08:52:13 PST 2010

Dear Tillmann,

We have a Vitrobot Mark IV and have experienced the same problems with the
black plastic coolant containers. This is a known problem and FEI seem to
have come up with a solution by producing a new version made from
polystyrene foam. We received one of these from them recently and are happy
with its performance. As it is less than a month old we cannot comment on
its long term usable lifetime but I expect it should not crack from being
exposed to cryogens. Being polystyrene it may be a little more fragile if
mistreated but should be fine if your users are trained in its proper care.

Best wishes

Ken

Ken Goldie, Ph.D.
Center for Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics (C-CINA)
at the Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering (D-BSSE)
Structural Biology and Biophysics, Biozentrum,
WRO-1058, Mattenstrasse 26
University Basel, CH-4058 Basel, Switzerland

http://c-cina.org

Coolant Container of FEI Vitrobot (Tillmann Pape)

Message: 1