[3dem] February 15th Deadline for Abstracts for Microscopy & Microanalysis 2010, Portland OR

Esther Bullitt bullitt at medusa.bu.edu
Tue Feb 9 12:43:12 PST 2010

Dear all,

We invite you to our symposia at the M&M 2010 meeting, to be held in
Portland, Oregon on August 1-5 2010, and encourage you to send an
abstract and join us.

The deadline for abstract submission is Monday, February 15th.

Our symposia are:

A17 3DEM: A Real Bridge between Light and X-rays
Teresa Ruiz, E Bullitt, Georgios Skiniotis, Ilke Arslan & Christian Kuebel

The invited speakers: I. Schmidt-Krey, G. Sosinsky, S. Subramaniam, R.
Reichelt / L. Kovacik, D. Kelly, D. Nicastro and A. Hitchcock, will
present advances of technical, materials and biological nature covering:
correlative microscopy (LM/EM, AFM/EM, X-ray/EM, AP/EM), electron
tomography, 3D correlative averaging of tomographic data, 3D image
reconstruction methods.

AND

B07 3DEM: Cellular, Bacterial and Viral surfaces: What Is Out There?
Teresa Ruiz, Esther Bullitt and Georgios Skiniotis

The invited speakers: D. Hanein, J. Hinshaw, J. Li, C. Mannella, P.
Stewart and F. Sigworth, will cover structural aspects of molecules and
macromolecular assemblies involved in cell/cell and cell/virus
interactions, and the communication of cells and viruses with the
environment.

We have designed each of the day-long symposia to have 6-7 long talks
(invited) and 7-8 short talks (selected from abstracts). We encourage you
to send an abstract to join us and participate in this interesting
symposium. The deadline for abstract submission is coming soon: February
15th. Please make sure to tell us if you would prefer a poster or if you
would also be willing to give a presentation if your abstract is selected.

Get those abstracts ready before is too late!
See you in Portland this summer

Esther, Yiorgo and Teresa