[3dem] Reduced PDBe services between 23 December and 10 January

Gerard DVD Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Dec 22 14:23:38 PST 2010

Hi all,

This is to inform PDB/EMDB depositors (at PDBe only) and users of PDBe services
(http://pdbe.org/) that we will be operating with a reduced level of service in
the next few weeks:

- on 23 and 24 December we are operating with a skeleton crew, especially in
the depositon and annotation department. We will do our best to process entries
that are deposited during these days but cannot guarantee that we will succeed
in all cases.

- from 25 December to 3 January (inclusive), the EBI will be closed. You may
still deposit structures and data into the PDB and EMDB, but there will be no
annotation and processing taking place. We will monitor our web services in
this period and will endeavour to fix any serious problems. Please note that
e-mail sent to PDBe in this period is unlikely to receive a reply until the
beginning of January.

- from 4-6 January, we will resume normal service and catch up with the
annotation and e-mail backlogs.

- from 7-10 January, the entire campus data centre will be shut down for urgent
repairs and service. This means that it will not be possible to deposit any PDB
or EMDB data at PDBe in this period and that most of the PDBe web site and
services will not be operational. (However, ftp services should not be affected
by this as they don't reside on campus.)

- from 11 January, we hope to be fully operational again (like the Death Star
in "Return of the Jedi").

We apologise for any inconvenience these service interruptions/reductions may
cause.

On behalf of all PDBe staff: best wishes for the coming holiday season!

--Gerard Kleywegt

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
gerard at ebi.ac.uk ..................... pdbe.org
Secretary: Pauline Haslam  pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk