[3dem] Protein Data Bank in Europe roadshows and tutorials

Gerard DVD Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Aug 12 02:45:02 PDT 2010

The Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe; http://pdbe.org/) offers a number of
educational resources as part of its wider mandate for outreach and training
within the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI; http://www.ebi.ac.uk/).

As part of this commitment, we offer the PDBe "roadshow"
(http://pdbe.org/roadshow/), an event where members of the PDBe team travel to
user institutes and conduct hands-on training sessions. These sessions
typically include presentations and demonstrations of our advanced search and
analysis tools. We also offer presentations on data validation, quality
assessment and data deposition to the Protein Data Bank (PDB) using AutoDep4.0.
These roadshows give users an opportunity to familiarise themselves with PDBe
services and resources using tutorials and interactive teaching sessions so
that they can use these effectively in their own research. The contents and
duration of roadshows is always tailored to local circumstances and preferences
(e.g., special emphasis on X-ray, EM or NMR deposition, or on advanced services
like PDBeFold, PDBePisa and PDBeMotif).

In addition to the PDBe roadshow, we also offer educational resources online.
These comprise introductory and advanced presentations of our services as well
as a number of tutorials that use these services in a research-like setting -
for further details see http://pdbe.org/teaching

We welcome the opportunity to visit your institute and conduct a PDBe roadshow.
For more details on the options regarding duration and content of our
roadshows, or to contact us to discuss the possibility of a roadshow at your
institute, please see http://pdbe.org/roadshow

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, PDBe, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
gerard at ebi.ac.uk ..................... pdbe.org
Secretary: Pauline Haslam  pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk