[3dem] 3D image alignment

Ajay Gopinath ajay at ices.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 21 15:06:35 PDT 2009

Thank you for your suggestions. I am currently using Chimera to do
this. To align images I1 and I2, I do the "fit in map" I1 in I2 a
couple of times and then do I2 in I1 "fit in map" to get the best
alignment. Since there were certain regions of the image which were
not well aligned, I wanted to see if I can get better results using
other tools. I have had good success in using chimera to fit PDB into
maps but while fitting these particular two density maps I am having
some trouble. This could be due to the nature of the data. I have also
tried the software package XMIPP but its alignment was not that good.

I will try some of the other tools suggested here and see if they work
out better for me.

thanks,

ajay