[3dem] EM Service Engineer position in Basel, Switzerland

Henning Stahlberg henning.stahlberg at unibas.ch
Tue Sep 15 06:49:03 PDT 2009

A position for an EM Service Engineer is available in the Center for
Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics (C-CINA) at the University Basel,
Switzerland.

Equipment in C-CINA includes an FEI Titan Krios/GIF, a Philips
CM200FEG, a T12, a CM10, and a FEI Quanta-200 with Gatan 3View.
Further instruments in the Zentrum for Mikroskopie department include
a Philips Morgani, two Philips CM100, a Zeiss 912 Omega, a FEI Nova
Nano SEM 230, a Philips XL30 FEG ESEM, and a Hitachi S-4800. These are
equipped with energy filters (GIF and Zeiss), CCD cameras (Gatan,
Tietz, Veleta), and cryo-sample holders (Gatan). Sample preparation
devices include a Leica EMPACT2-RTS high-pressure freezer, cryo-
microtomes, freeze substitution devices, and others.

We are looking for an experienced service engineer, to participate in
the general service and maintenance of all these instruments. Tasks
include regular maintenance of the instruments, and repair of the
microscope hardware, vacuum, and electronics systems. In addition,
this engineer will participate in electron microscope hardware
development projects, which involve hardware design, fabrication in
collaboration with our mechanical workshop, construction, and
development of electronic control in collaboration with an electronic
workshop. Upon interest, participation in research projects concerning
structural biology data collection with these instruments is possible.
Our group is a University research group, we develop instruments and
methods, and apply them to study the high-resolution 3D structure of
biological specimens. The laboratory language is English.

The position is permanently funded, and available immediately.

Relocation to the Basel area is required. The Swiss city of Basel is
at the border to Germany and France, and has a flourishing culture,
international flair and an active scientific community.

Further information is available here:
http://www.c-cina.unibas.ch
http://www.basel.ch/en/index
or by email at Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch or at +41-61-387 3262.

Interested candidates please submit a CV, and a description of
training and experience, and interests by email (PDF preferred) to Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch
.

Confidentially is assured.

Henning Stahlberg
Center for Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics (C-CINA)
Structural Biology and Biophysics, Biozentrum,
WRO-1058, Mattenstrasse 26
University Basel, CH-4058 Basel, Switzerland
Tel: +41-61-387 32 62 (office)
Tel: +41-61-387 32 31 (Karen Bergmann, administrative assistant)
Fax: +41-61-387 39 86
mailto:Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch
Skype:henningstahlberg
http://c-cina.org
http://2dx.org

Postal Address for delivery of Letters / Goods / Express Carriers:
C-CINA, Biozentrum University of Basel
c/o Syngenta AG, WRO-1058.6.60, D-BSSE
Schwarzwaldallee 215
Postfach