[3dem] Prepump airlock

Terje Dokland dokland at uab.edu
Fri May 22 07:08:26 PDT 2009

In our case (Tecnai F20) it has always pumped for only 3 sec, as long
as the turbo pump is already warmed up and ready. (If not, the Turbo
warmup time f 3 mins would be added to the pumping time.) It doesn't
seem to make any difference if you run it or not, so I'm also
wondering what the purpose is.