[3dem] Gatan cryo-controller

Ishikawa Takashi ishikawa at mol.biol.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 5 02:54:28 PST 2009

Dear all,

We have a problem on our Gatan cryo-controller (model 900). A few weeks ago, suddenly the "smart heater control" function stopped. Seemingly it cannot heat any more. Manual setting of the temperature does not work either. The heater current on the display seems increasing up and up until the current of "warming up cycle", but the temperature never goes up. Strangely only "warming up cycle" functions still. This means it is not dysfunction of the heater. Now we use "warming up cycle" for "smart heater control" purpose and manually terminate it when it goes close to -160deg. We exchanged the SIM card, but it did not help. Does anybody have a similar experience?

Best regards,

Takashi

Takashi Ishikawa
Research Scientist / Group Leader
Department of Biology
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich)
ETH Hönggerberg, HPK F7
CH-8093 Zürich, Switzerland
phone: +41 44-633-2462
Fax:  : +41 44-633-1073