[3dem] mac pro

Neil Ranson n.a.ranson at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 08:15:55 PST 2009

Dear Sheemei,

Echoing Fred's comments, I have a Mac Pro and it works very well for
just about everything. I use mostly Spider & Web on the Mac which both
work very well, and speed is essentially identical to a similarly
spec'd linux workstation/server.
In addition to the programs Fred mentioned, we have the MRC programs,
ccp4i, CTFFIND3/CTFTILT, pymol and lots of other stuff I've forgotten.
Basically everything we've tried to get running runs.

It's a bit different to getting things working on Linux, but generally
no more difficult, I would say.

Good luck.

Neil Ranson

Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds,
Leeds, LS2 9JT,
UK.
44 113 343 7065