[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM of poliovirus

David Belnap David_Belnap at byu.edu
Tue Jan 6 14:09:03 PST 2009

My laboratory is interested in structural characterization of the cell-
entry pathway of poliovirus.  I invite interested persons to apply for
a post-doctoral position in my laboratory to study asymmetric aspects
of that process.  To this end, we have NIH funding and a long-term
collaboration with the laboratory of James Hogle at Harvard Medical
School.

The ideal applicant will have a Ph.D. in structural biology with
experience in cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, or NMR.  Those with
experience in image processing of cryo-EM images (including algorithm
development) are especially encouraged to apply.  I invite
applications from people with experience in biophysics, as well.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.  The position is
available immediately.  Applications will be accepted until the
position is filled.

Interested persons should send a CV (with a list of publications and a
statement of research interests) and the names of three references to
me.

David Belnap

  David M. Belnap
  Brigham Young University