[3dem] Postdoctoral position available

Wang, Hongwei hongwei.wang at yale.edu
Mon Feb 2 10:55:09 PST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward this message to anyone that might be interested.

A postdoctoral position is immediately available in Dr Hongwei Wang's laboratory in the Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry at Yale University to study the structures of macromolecular assemblies using cryo-electron microscopy. Our current research interests include RNA metabolism pathways and cytoskeleton dynamics.

Our laboratory is located in Yale School of Medicine at New Haven. We are equipped with the state-of-the-art electron microscopes including an FEG 200 kV Tecnai F20 and a 120 kV Tecnai G2 Spirit both having 4K-by-4K CCD cameras, an automatic cryo-specimen preparation machine Vitrobot, and a very competitive high-performance computational facility.

We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in electron microscopy and image processing. Experience in molecular biology and protein/nucleic acid biochemistry will be desirable. The candidate should have a PhD or equivalent degrees at the start of the appointment.

Interested applicants please send a single PDF file including the cover letter, CV and the names and contact details of three references to Dr. Hongwei Wang at hongwei.wang at yale.edu<mailto:hongwei.wang at yale.edu>.

Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Yale University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.

Thanks,
Hongwei

Hongwei Wang
Assistant Professor
Dept. Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry
Yale University School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street
P.O. Box 208024
New Haven, CT 06520-8024