[3dem] Booting Netbook using external Hard Disk

Anindito Sen emailanindito at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 2 08:54:19 PST 2009

Dear All

Please share with me your experience of booting your notebooks/netbooks using an external hard disk.

I have installed the Ubuntu LINUX on my netbook. Because of it limited hard disk space - (4GB SSD) I want boot my Netbook (ASUS 1.6 Ghz) using an external hard disk (Toshiba 250GB in this case) with  LINUX installed on it and use Chimera (BSOFT, EMAN if possible) installed on it. What will be the approach to do install LINUX on the external hard disk and possibly the software packages?

Thanks
Andy

Dr. Anindito Sen (Ph.D) Research Associate , Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics University of Virginia Box 800733 Charlottesville, VA 22908