[3dem] Contamination problem on cryo grids

rg2502 at columbia.edu rg2502 at columbia.edu
Fri Sep 19 10:43:16 PDT 2008

Hi Bill,
The type of contamination that the images show is  definitely not
ethane contamination.  While what you suggest is sometimes an issue,
Ethane contamination looks much different.  It appears as very high
contrast and much smaller blobs.  This is more along the lines of
something that is being deposited with the buffer not after the fact
as is the case with ethane.
Bob