[3dem] transporting cryo grids and samples

Jim Hogle james_hogle at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 1 17:35:48 PDT 2008

There are dry ship dewars that can be sent via FedEx and UPS (the
crystallographic community has used this approach to send samples to
send samples to synchrotron sources  for a number of years).  The only
issue we have encountered is when the FedEx delivery person has
dropped the dewar off the back of the truck and can't understand that
all of the samples are ruined even though the dewar itself has only a
minor external dent.

Jim Hogle