[3dem] protein complex crosslinking for EM

Alexandra Deaconescu deacona at brandeis.edu
Mon Jun 30 22:49:33 PDT 2008

Dear EM enthusiasts:

I am working on a protein complex that appears to dissociate upon
dilution for EM grid preparation. I was therefore thinking of using
some sort of heterobifunctional crosslinker (something other than
glutaraldehyde that would probably generate a big mess) to stabilize
the complex and then purify it by gel filtration. I was wondering if
anyone has and would like to share his/her experiences, or point me
to some good papers where this has been done before...

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Best,
Alexandra