[3dem] how to clean the blotting pad of the vitrobot?

e.orlova at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk e.orlova at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 14:04:31 PDT 2008

Dear Guiqing  and Matthias,

I would be very careful if I were you in dealing with infectious agents. I would
 check safety level of the virus you are dealing with and consult with your
biosafety people if you are allowed to handle it in open research space at all.
If virus is airborn then not only you contaminate blotting pads but could
potentially spread it in the Vitrobot chamber and even outside into the room.
You should be concerned with decontamination of the whole Vitrobot chamber
after freezing, most likely using chemicals (e.g. Cavicide). We could discuss
that matter outside of the list, just send me e-mail (mbsherma at utmb.edu).

Good luck!

Michael Sherman