[3dem] Problems with Kodak SO-163 film

Norm Olson nholson at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 12 08:55:04 PDT 2008

Thorsten:  The wavy patterns are interesting.  They look like
something happened during a wet process.  Were the films adequately
agitated during development?  The other thing, as Bob suggested, is
that it could possibly be bad film.  How about taking a piece of film
(or many films) from that batch and process it directly from the box,
even without putting it in the desiccator.  Then do the same with a
bunch of films from a totally different manufacturing batch.

Norm

At 10:19 AM +0200 6/12/08, Thorsten Mielke wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>since quite a while we do observe strange artefacts after developing
>Kodak SO-163 films recorded on our Polara. I put 2 images on our web
>server. The following link should start an automated download using
>any web browser.
>
>http://www.molgen.mpg.de/ws/050261/SO-163-artefacts.ZIP

Norm Olson
Cryoelectron Microscopy Facilities Manager
1510 Bonner Hall
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, MC-0378
University of California San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093-0378
nholson at ucsd.edu
http://cryoem.ucsd.edu
Cell:  (858)220-2183
(858)822-6718 - Office; (858)534-5846 - Fax