[3dem] protein complex crosslinking for EM: GraFix

Daniel Levy Daniel.Levy at curie.fr
Tue Jul 1 06:24:27 PDT 2008

Dear Alexandra
You may also try to bind your protein to a functionalyzed lipid layer
containing a lipid ligand, e;g. NiNTA-DOGS for an Hist protein, that would
protect the complex at the air/water interface
the procedure is well described in the paper of Kelly, Dukovsky and Walz,
2008. PNAS, 4703
daniel

At 15:08 01/07/2008, Harris, Audray (NIH/NCI) [E] wrote:
>Dear Alexandra:
>Kastner et al. (Nat Methods, 2008 Jan:5(1):53-5  have worked on this issue
>by using cross-linking coupled with gradient centrifugation to stabilize
>complexes for cryo-electron microscopy. The method is termed "GraFix".
>I hope this reference helps you.
>
>Audray Harris
>Research Fellow
>Laboratory of Cell Biology
>Biophysics Section and Unit
>National Cancer Institute, NIH

Dr. Daniel Lévy
"Structure of membrane proteins by electron microscopy"
Institut Curie
UMR CNRS 168
11 rue P.M.Curie
75005 Paris, France