[3dem] Dr Nicolas Boisset

Slavica Jonic Slavica.Jonic at impmc.jussieu.fr
Mon Jan 7 01:27:14 PST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

It is with the greatest sadness that we have to announce, at the eve of
this New Year, the decease of our colleague and friend Nicolas Boisset.
Nicolas passed away in the night in January 3^rd and 4^th . Many of you
know Nicolas for his remarkable work in high-resolution 3D cryo-EM. Some
of you may have worked together with him or still had active
collaborations with him.

Nicolas was Director of Research at the CNRS in Paris, with
responsibilities in the French Society for Microscopy. He was also very
active in the European Network of Excellence 3DEM. Everyone who knew him
will remember him as being extremely kind, friendly, patient and always
ready to help.

The funeral will take place at the church of Thiville 28200 (next to
Chateaudun, France; see map on the lab web site
http://www.impmc.jussieu.fr) Monday, January 7, 2008 at 14h30.

His friends and colleagues, members of his laboratory.

--
Département de Biologie Structurale
Institut de Minéralogie et de Physique des Milieux Condensés (IMPMC)