[3dem] Recalcitrant viruses

Daniel Levy Daniel.Levy at curie.fr
Thu Feb 28 02:23:48 PST 2008

Dear Eduardo
A trick that we used in such case is to blot the sample on the opposite
side of the drop through the holey grid, i.e., you put the drop onto the
grid, you turn the grid 180 ° and you blot with the paper. That forces the
drop to go through the holes
daniel
At 02:17 28/02/2008, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am working with a virus that likes a lot the carbon and doesn't want to
>go to the holes.
>Here are some pictures (the picture are not the best but it is possible to
>see the effect):
>http://picasaweb.google.com/esanzgar/20080226?authkey=eoSXkRt-Ook
>
>I have tried glow discharged and no glow discharged grids.
>I have also tried different type of buffers, virus concentration,
>dialysis, and several applications of the virus in the grid.
>
>Has anyone had a similar problem?
>Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
>Thank you very, very much

Dr. Daniel Lévy
"Structure of membrane proteins by electron microscopy"
Institut Curie
UMR CNRS 168
11 rue P.M.Curie
75005 Paris, France