[3dem] Oxygen sensor synopsis

Bob Grassucci bob.grassucci at wadsworth.org
Fri Oct 19 06:10:13 PDT 2007

Hi All,
    Below are the replies that I received concerning the Oxygen
sensors.  I  am leaning towards a couple of hand held units that a user
can clip in their belt or place where they are working.  Thanks to
everyone who replied.
    Regards,
    Bob

NYSBC

> We do not use wall mounted sensors due to the false alarm annoyance
> factor.  We order our sensors from Grainger part number 2YA41.

Cal Davis
> We have these GasMan-II devices, see
> http://www.ceainstr.com/pdf_datasheets/gasman2_Info.pdf These are
> portable devices with a digital display of the oxygen concentration.
> They are about the size of a calculator, powered by three AA
> batteries. They cost $614 per device, with about 12 months of life
> time of the oxygen sensor, and $110 replacement costs for the Oxygen
> sensor alone.

Manchester, UK
Photo shows a Crowcon TXgard-IS Oxygen gas detector with a RGD90
sensor.  This is a wall mounted unit.  They report no false alarms.

UVM

--
********************************

-Robert Grassucci-
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Wadsworth Center Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12201-0509
bobg at wadsworth.org
Phone: (518)474-5821
Fax: (518)486-2191

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.