[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryo-electron tomography at Texas Medical Center

jun liu liujun1205 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:40:27 PST 2007

Hello,

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jun Liu at UT
Medical School at Houston. The research of our laboratory is focused on 3-D
structure/function of macromolecular assemblies, intact bacteria and
enveloped viruses by using cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET). With
high-throughput cryo-ET and the most advanced image processing, we have the
best opportunity to understand the biomedical important events at the
physiological environment with the molecular resolution, for instance: *Nature
*(2006) 442:208; *Nature* (2006) 441:847;* J Mol Biol* (2006) 362:844; *J
Biol Chem* (2007) 282: 27754; *J Bacteriol*  (2007) 189:7503.

Candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, microbiology
or molecular biology with high motivation. Interested candidates should send
a CV including areas of expertise and interest, publications list, and names
and contact information for 3 references to: Dr. Jun Liu,  Department of
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at
Houston, 6431 Fannin, MSB 2.228, Houston, TX 77030, Email:
Jun.Liu.1 at uth.tmc.edu

UT Medical School at Houston is equipped with state-of-the art cryo-electron
microscopy instruments, including a FEI Polara 300kv electron microscope
with helium stage and a 4kx4k CCD camera, two JEOL 1200 microscopes.
High-performance computer clusters for image processing and Vitrobot for
specimen preparation are also available. As part of the Texas Medical Center,
we have the unique opportunity to collaborate and interact with the other
academic and health components including Baylor College of Medicine, M.D.
Anderson Cancer Center, Rice University, and the Texas A&M Institute of
Bioscience and Technology.

Jun Liu, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor
The University of Texas - Houston Medical School
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
6431 Fannin, MSB 2.228
Houston, TX 77030
Email:  Jun.Liu.1 at uth.tmc.edu
Phone: (713) 500-5342