[3DEM] Cryo-EM postdoc or senior position at UC Davis, California

Henning Stahlberg HStahlberg at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 18 14:42:20 PDT 2007

**** Messages to this list are automatically archived ***
**** Please limit quoting of previous postings to the bare minimum ****

Hi,

We are looking for a postdoctoral or senior (S)TEM expert to join our
group. A background in Materials Sciences, Physics, Engineering or
Bio/Life Sciences would all be suitable.
Projects concern the high-resolution structure determination of
various membrane proteins and of DNA binding proteins, by electron
crystallography and single particle cryo-EM, as well as method
development in electron microscopy hardware for (S)TEM and remote
controlling.
Instrumentation is shared between our and the neighboring laboratory
of Holland Cheng, and includes two or three FEG and one LaB6 TEMs,
featuring cryo (including Helium) capabilities, energy filtration,
STEM, Cs aberration correction, and large CCDs.
Long-term funding is available. Salary will be commensurate with
experience.
Davis, California, is a family-friendly University town, located
between the San Francisco / Berkeley bay area, and the Tahoe mountain
lake and skiing area.

For further info, please contact me by email or phone, or at the
upcoming 3DEM GRC.

Henning.

Henning Stahlberg, PhD
Associate Professor,
Molecular & Cellular Biology, Briggs Hall 5,
University of California at Davis, 1 Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616, USA
Tel: +1-530-752 8282 (office), +1-530-754 8285 (lab)     Fax:
+1-530-752 3085
mailto:HStahlberg at ucdavis.edu     Skype:henningstahlberg
http://stahlberglab.ucdavis.edu
http://2dx.org