[3DEM] Postdoctoral position at Harvard

Andres Leschziner ALeschziner at mcb.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 7 06:47:41 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

A postdoctoral position will be available starting this fall in my laboratory within the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology at Harvard University. We use primarily cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and single-particle approaches to understand the mechanism of ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling.

The laboratory will be fully equipped for all aspects of molecular biology and biochemistry and will have direct access to FEI Tecnai G2 Spirit (120kV) and Tecnai G2 F20 (200kV FEG) microscopes, both equipped with 4k x 4k CCD cameras, as well as to additional instruments at Harvard Medical School. The laboratory will also have access to the many biophysical, imaging and computing resources of the Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, the Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department, and the FAS Center for Systems Biology. We will be part of the large and vibrant structural biology community at Harvard and in greater Boston.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. at the start of the postdoctoral appointment. Research experience in the following area(s) is particularly desirable: (1) cryo-EM and/or (2) biochemistry of protein-DNA interactions with an interest in structural biology approaches.

Potential candidates should send a PDF including cover letter, curriculum vitae with list of publications, and names of three referees to:

 Andres Leschziner
 e-mail: ALeschziner at mcb.harvard.edu

Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the position is filled.  Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.

 Andres E Leschziner, Ph.D.
 Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
 Harvard University
 7 Divinity Ave.
 Cambridge, MA 02138