[3DEM] Question about Thon rings

Eduardo Sanz-Garcia esanzgar at chem.byu.edu
Thu Jan 25 14:43:22 PST 2007

**** Messages to this list are automatically archived ***
**** Please limit quoting of previous postings to the bare minimum ****

I have a question about Thon rings. I have realized recently that when
I take pictures using the CCD camera I get better Thon rings than when
I take the image using film (less rings and more diffuse). The specimen
is the same in both cases and the intensity of the beam is adjusted
automatically in both cases. I am using a Technai  F30.
Any clue why the film is giving me worse result than CCD?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions. I will appreciate them a lot.