[3DEM] Assistant professor position available.

Masahide Kikkawa MASAHIDE.KIKKAWA at utsouthwestern.edu
Fri May 5 07:42:06 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to seek your help identifying young cryo-electron
microscopists for a tenure track Assistant Professorship position in
the Department of Cell Biology at University of Texas Southwestern
Medical Center. This is a well equipped, vibrant department with 15
tenure track faculty and growing. One of the research themes is the
use of modern cellular imaging techniques to answer fundamental
questions in cell biology. For example, one of our cryoEM faculties,
Masa Kikkawa, works on the structure of microtubule-based motors.

The department is equipped with a state of the art cryo-electron
microscope equipped with a field emission gun and an in-column energy
filter operated at 200 KeV. We have also excellent facilities for
preparing samples, including a Vitrobot, a high-pressure freezing
machine, a cryo-ultramicrotome, and a freeze-fracture machine.

The University provides an excellent scientific environment. In
addition to Dr. Kikkawa, UT Southwestern is very strong in structural
biology with such luminaries as Drs. Johann Deisenhofer, Steve Sprang
and Michael Rosen. We at Southwestern are also proud of our endowed
scholar program (http://www.swmed.edu/home_pages/scholars/), which
provides generous start-up support for qualified, entry level
Assistant Professors.

If you know of anyone who is interested in this type of position,
please let me know. Applicants can submit a curriculum vita, and the
names of three references to me at the Department of Cell Biology,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines
Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75390.

Richard G. W. Anderson Ph.D.
richard.anderson at utsouthwestern.edu