[3DEM] imacon flexcolor scanner

Kasim Sader bmb9ks at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 02:56:14 PST 2006

**** Messages to this list are automatically archived ***
**** Please limit quoting of previous postings to the bare minimum ****

Hi,

We have done some characterization of our Imacon Flextight 848.  First,
if you want to scan full micrographs, you will be limited to a greater
than 9µm step size unless more recent models have larger detectors than
the 8000 pixel array on the 848.  The other issue is that the gamma
settings are not correct: scans using a gamma setting of 1 will not
result in transmittance values.  Imacon/Hasselblad have made a fix for
this, which we have verified works.  Preliminary MTF measurements using
Alan Roseman's target (Ultramicroscopy, 96 (2003) 207-218) show better
MTF values than the Nikon Coolscan 8000ED, though one issue may be that
the optical setup is changed when changing the resolution.

cheers,

Kasim

Kasim Sader
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology
University of Leeds