Assistant Professor position available

Hernando Sosa hsosa at aecom.yu.edu
Thu Sep 29 10:02:25 PDT 2005

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN BIOPHYSICS

The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the Albert Einstein
College of Medicine invites applications for a tenure track faculty
position in biophysics at the Assistant Professor level.  The Department
is one of ten basic science departments that confer PhD, MD/PhD and MD
degrees in all major areas of biochemical, biophysical and biomedical
research.  We encourage collaborations within and between departments.
We are searching broadly for individuals who can complement strong
programs in biological research based on laser spectroscopy, NMR, MRI,
EPR, Cryo-EM and related fields.  We are especially interested in
candidates with a background in advanced spectroscopic or imaging
techniques, such as atomic force microscopy, optical trapping, single
molecule fluorescence or areas related to structural biology and / or
nanobiotechnology.  The successful candidate should have a PhD in the
Biological, Chemical or Physical Sciences, post-doctoral experience and
an outstanding publication record.  The College of Medicine is located
in a residential community in the northeast section of the Bronx
adjacent to Westchester County, near the New York Botanical Gardens and
the Bronx Zoo, and within easy commuting distance from Manhattan.
Please send a copy of your CV, a brief description of your research
plans and three letters of reference to Hernando Sosa, PhD, Chair of
Faculty Search Committee, Ullmann 217, Albert Einstein College of
Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461.

--
Hernando Sosa
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Av.